Back to my regularly scheduled program: Trying to hold onto any possible weightloss progress through the holiday season!
I weighed in on Monday, and had gained A POUND. I was honestly pretty angry with myself, even though I know that it's just kind of a factor of this time of year. It's much harder to stick to WW when there's a lunch or a dinner or a special occasion here and there. What's worse is that it's only continuing. I've been out since then for more indulgent meals, and I have at least 3 more events and 3 more lunches between now and Christmas eve! I'm honestly a bit worried that I'll have gained back 5 pounds before all of this is over! And it's not like I'm gorging... it's just off the plan. I'm not having large portion sizes, but it is portions of stuff I haven't eaten since before I started WW in August. It's like my body wants all that yummy food back, and it's gotten a few tastes of it, and won't let go.
Now, to be fair, I knew this was coming. I knew that I wanted to hit 15 lbs down by xmas so that I COULD afford to gain some back and have my 2010 journey not be 30 lbs but 20 or less to go. But still, there must have been a part of me that thought that was just a hedge, that I'd be fine and successful, and that there was nothing really to worry about, and I'd impress myself and probably everyone else. So, I guess from that point of view, I'm disappointed that I haven't been able to defy the physics of the holiday season.
So, the numbers:
This week's weigh in: +1.1 lbs (ugh)
Total weigh in: -14.1 lbs
It should be added that I've been in the gym 2x each week, which is good, but not great, and the biggest thing that needs to change in 2010!
Some points of note for the coming weeks:
- Next week I will weigh in and report out on Monday (I promise!) Even if it sucks.
- The week after that, weigh in will be a day later.
- The week after that (Jan 5) is week 20, and I will do measurements and pictures then. I still haven't decided yet on posting pictures. I think I want them to tell a better story first, so we'll see...
Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
don't get discouraged!
i'm not re-committing to WW until after the holidays. i'm not allowing myself to eat badly either, but i don't want the added stress of it right now...
The good news is that the holiday season will be over in 2 weeks. If you can keep your weight gain to 1 lb (or less) a week, that's only 3 lbs back. You can knock those off in the first couple of weeks of Jan, no problem!
Post a Comment