I did my second instance of C25k on Thursday night. It was fine... I convinced my husband to come with me to the gym and run near me, and we could go together - thought that might help me stay focused on this.
Last night, however, after a long day at work, I went out with some friends. Drank. Ate badly. Ugh. I definitely imagine the damage I did (would have been so much better if I'd just had a DQ Blizzard! :-) )
But, trying to be better today and salvage the rest of the weekend.
One thing that was GREAT about today, though, was spending time with my friend, Tracy, who is a huge inspiration to me. She started her journey earlier last year, and has put in tremendous effort to change her health and her body. She's managed to lose about 30% of her body weight, and cut her body fat percentage down by a third. Each time I see her, I'm overwhelmed by the work she's put into it, and the results she's had. And she continues to work hard to continue to improve where she's at. Her husband and children are doing their own things, too, working out, eating better, making better choices.
Spending time at their house today helps to keep me motivated to see where I'm headed if I continue to stay focused on my goals. I hope that those of you on your own journeys have the opportunity to stay connected with the people and the stories that inspire you and keep you motivated!
Thanks for reading!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment