Monday, May 3, 2010

Waterworld

Feeling pretty good about the weigh in, and, honestly, I don't have a good explanation (other than going to the gym 4 times last week, and 2 of them being the first two attempts at C25k).

This week's weigh in: -1.0 lbs.
Total weight loss: - 20.5 lbs.

I'd raise a toast to myself of getting to a 1 pound loss again for the first time in months, but what would it be a glass of?

I know I've got some readers who aren't in the immediate area, so you may not be aware, but I'm in about hour 38 of a "boil water" scenario, due to an enormous water main break about 12 miles west of me, impacting my town and about 30 other towns all supplied by the same water authority. And by "towns" I mean these 30 or so communities make up about 2 million people and about 750,000 homes. Oh, and it got to 91 degrees here in Boston yesterday.

I'm not a water drinker. When this first was announced, I wasn't really worried. Then I started thinking (as the day got hotter, as I wanted to go to the gym, as I wanted some coffee, as I wanted to brush my teeth) that it's all a lot more scarce than I would want it to be, and the stores are out of water (panicking around these parts). My husband was on the Vineyard for the weekend, and was going to bring back water, so I knew I just had to make it through the day, but it really struck me how dependent I was during the day for water, when I really don't consider myself to be a water drinker.

When all this is over (this week???? maybe???) I'm going to spend some more time thinking about whether or not I get the right amounts of water, and what I'm doing about making changes if I need to.


Thanks for reading!

No comments: