Sooo much to talk about...
First, I took a bit of a break last week from C25k because my back was bothering me going into Memorial Day weekend, and the running was just aggravating it, one step at a time. Got back into it today, for Week 4, Day 1. This involves (including a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down): 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, and 5 minute run. So, over 21.5 minutes, there's 16 minutes of running. I hadn't done any 5 minute runs yet, let alone 2 of them. I did it today, and ran it all! I was surprised that the 3 minute run is getting easier, and the 5 minute run is survivable. But I'm basically half way there, both in terms of calendar (it's a 9 week program, and I'm at 4.33) and in terms of distance (I'm basically running half a 5k, maybe a little more, at this point.)
Second, my husband and I went shopping yesterday to pick up a bathing suit for him at EMS, right down across from the Prudential Mall. First of all, we got the parking spot directly in front of the store and the parking kiosk, so we already knew the parking genie was on our side. But while I was in there, I thought maybe I'd look to see if they had an skorts. If you don't know what a skort is, it's a miniskirt with shorts underneath. It's not something I ever would have worn before, but I thought I'd take a look now that I'd lost some weight and maybe it wouldn't look like I was wearing a swim tube around my hips.
They just got some in, made with the kind of material that's a bit more rain resistant and stretchy, so, I was hopeful. I looked at the 10 on the hanger and thought, "oooh... that's really small... I don't know...." and I decided to take a 12 in with me, just in case. I figured if I went and tried on the 10 and it was too small, i might be too frustrated to go back in again with a larger size.
When I got to the dressing room, I decided to try the 12 on first. Oh, no. Not even close. Tried on the 10. Nope. Not going to work. I asked my husband to get me an 8. That worked and was very cute! It's even a ROOMY 8! Between that reinforcement and my 20% off coupon (and of course, our great parking spot) I knew I had to buy it!
It was another reminder/wake up call that I still haven't gotten used to my size at all. I still think I'm just lucky with one pair of pants or something, and that can't POSSIBLY be my size... could it???
Thirdly, I had to sort through some of my cuter summer skirts as I'm preparing to pack for our trip to Hawaii in 10 days. Yeah, all but 2 of my 6 or 7 skirts are off to good will. One I bought last year that I just can't believe how much I swim in it now. Even one of the 2 I'm keeping is big, but I can just wear it lower on my hips with a bathing suit and it will be okay. It was a big surprise... and another good opportunity to clean out some of my clothes again. I think I'll have a broader round of that sometime this weekend.
As far as the weight goes, it's about the same. This past week, I was up about a half pound or so above where I was. I'm still struggling at this plateau, but I *HAVE* to believe that this C25K will be getting me in a better place numbers-wise soon enough, but I'm trying not to get frustrated with it.
Fact is, I've got about 4 months left, and I'm not sure this 30 pounds goal is going to be attained, but I'm not giving up just because it seems less likely... thank you to all of you for your continued support!
Thanks for reading!
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment