Monday, June 7, 2010

"This is boring. Change the channel." Right?

First, let's check in with the specifics to the plateau:

This week's weigh in +0.2 lbs.
Total weigh in: -19.7 lbs.

It must be pretty frustrating for you guys, huh? "Will she ever get past this plateau? This is waaaay boring!" I guess the best thing I can tell myself is that a plateau is better than a complete retreat and a slide right back up the scale, which certainly is an option for most of us!

I've got 10 days before I head out for vacation. I'm hopeful to stay focused here before we leave, and that next goal I need to get through is to be "good" on vacation. We're going to Hawaii, so, that's honestly not a place I traditionally have issues with indulging in bad food. Fresh fruit, lots of fish, some good meals, but it's not like there's a lot of bad temptation around. But still, every time you say to yourself, "Come on... you're on vacaaaaation...." you know deep down you're indulging in behavior you wouldn't do in your "normal life" for a reason.

Next fun challenge: find a dress for a wedding I'm attending on the 4th of July. I tried the 4 dresses I have in my closet from days-gone-by, and I wasn't loving any of them. They all fit, some were a bit roomy in some areas more than others, and some were fine fits now. One's certainly fine, but I'm hoping to do some shopping to find something better. Begs the questions (a) did these particular dresses ever look particularly great on me and (b) if they "fit" now, but I don't love them on my enough to wear to a wedding, why am I keeping them?? I think if I find a great new dress for the wedding, at least one, if not 2 of those 4 dresses in my closet will find themselves in the latest pile for Good Will. (Added a lot to it this weekend in some more wardrobe re-vetting fun).

Hope you're all enjoying June and the last 2 weeks or so of Spring!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: