Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Four Weeks Down. Cool.

FOUR WEEKS DOWN.

Thrilled to say that, even if the numbers on the right over there don't read like a marquis.

It's been a longer period between posting, so I'll do a catch up and some thoughts on food, and my next entry will be on exercise, since I have some thoughts on that too.

As far as the weigh-in, I weighed in Monday but also on Tuesday, figuring since I weighed in last week on Weds, I'd do two 6-day weeks to get back in cycle.

Weight: -.2 pounds (negative, but still...)
Body fat: -1% (still good -- i think the real measure of the activity is here).

Eating wise, I had several "normal" days. The weekends, I'm working to splurge a little bit more, not only in terms of what I eat (though not splurging in portion size), and adding wine or beer, a reasonable amount (one beer, or one or two glasses of red wine) as part of the Friday and Saturday plan.

The total points and highlights (things off the norm) for the past several days:

Thursday: 19 points. Big splurge was a piece of chocolate cake at a shower at work
Friday: 19 points. Dinner up in NH - cup of ravioli (no sauce or extra cheese), a few tortilla chips with my homemade heirloom tomato salsa, and no pudge brownie in the car on the way up.
Saturday: 23 points. Went to Storyland -- had a grilled chicken wrap in the park, and for dinner, had steak chili and corn and bacon empanadas (I only had one) and a no pudge brownie for dessert.
Sunday: 17 points. Made pancakes for breakfast, but I only had 2 (had I known I'd only have 17 points for the day, I would have had 3). Nothing unusual beyond that.
Monday: 19.5 points. Nothing unusual, except that going to the gym and doing things around the house, I essentially skipped dinner. If I didn't need the points, I wouldn't have eaten anything later last night -- had brown rice and cheese at about 10 pm - an 8 point combination!

All in all, a few over on Saturday, which used some of my activity points for the week, and not any of my real extra points I am allotted for the week. So, pretty good, I guess.

Getting through weekends as "normal" continues to be a little bit of a challenge, but I'm learning to handle it all and plan a bit better. This weekend in NH, my best friend and her great family came for the weekend. Despite the presence of little kids (almost 2 and almost 5 year olds), it wasn't a weekend of eating geared around the kids schedule and preferences. I'm not sure what I expected, but I know there are plenty of parents out there who have their eating and meals based on what the kids want, and when they want it, but it wasn't that way for us this weekend. We ate like normal adults, both the what and the when. This really helped me stay on a normal schedule and not get distracted with things like a super early dinner on Saturday night, which could only be followed by a need to snack a few hours later.

Additionally, my best friend not only made a fantastic meal which was tasty for everyone and reasonable from a points point of view (dinner Saturday night for me was 11 points + 2 for wine), but she was so thoughtful as to send me all the nutrition information for the recipe earlier in the week so that I could calculate the points and plan around it. That is a fantastic support system right there!

As for exercise in the past week, I went to the gym on Wednesday, Thursday and then again Monday. Wednesday was my toughest work out, and I know I need to be more like that. Thursday was intense but briefer, and Monday was about the same. As I said, more on exercise the next post.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: