We had a few unplanned events this week, plus one planned one, all which gave me a different week than I'd set out to have in the beginning. the first was that I was sick on Monday. (I'm not posting my points from that day, since it wasn't really much of a day for eating). But both Tuesday and Wednesday nights, we had the honor and pleasure of having plans with friends who each wanted to give us wedding gifts! So, we had these very fun evenings both nights, but I knew going into each that alcohol and good food were going to be involved. As with everything else here in this diet, it's okay to have the plan change; I just have to find ways to make good choices.
Let's do eating from Tuesday:
Breakfast: Cottage Cheese and Pineapple
Lunch: Turkey/Cheese/Sandwich thins, 2 hard boiled egg whites, fat free yogurt, fiber one bar
Dinner: 1 glass of red wine, 1 dinner roll (they're awesome at this restaurant), heirloom tomato with mozzarella salad, grilled salmon without a sauce, but with a couscous salad underneath. (2 bites of a butterscotch pudding that we did not order, but the waiter gifted us).
Total points: 23.5
So, this isn't bad. In fact, the meal I ate that night was a good and healthy-ish one, and much better than one I'd have if left to my own devices at home. Plus, I certainly haven't done much in terms of using my extra points in a week, (in fact, 3.5 points is more than I used in previous weeks). One thing that really helped is that I know this restaurant very well, know the food and cooking style, and knew when I was ordering what I was getting into in terms of sauces and such. It made it a LOT easier and I had none of the anxiety that looking at the Not Your Average Joe's menu a few days earlier had brought on.
I'll post Weds points later (to be honest, haven't fully figured them out yet), but it wasn't too bad... I'd gone out for lunch as well that day, so I expect I'm closer to the 20 point mark for yesterday, if not over a smidge, too.
But what you're NOT seeing here is "I went to the gym". My intentions were to go Monday and Wednesday. Neither happened. My new intention is to go tonight, and, as of now, nothing's in my way for that, but I'm trying to stay focused on not getting that derailed, either.
With the long weekend coming up, we're taking an extra day in NH, and that means I won't be weighing in next week until WEDNESDAY. Maybe gives me an extra couple of days to make a better effort.
Thanks for reading!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment