Thursday, January 14, 2010

The blahs in the middle of a rough week

This week hasn't been too good or too bad with eating. I had a very stressful Tuesday and Wednesday, and Tuesday night, I found many of my points in the bottom of a red wine glass. When that eroded my will power too much, where I'd normally grab cookies or something, I grabbed some unsalted rice cakes. Not too tasty, but not too harmful, and they satisfied my crunch craving.

Last night, however, I came home, had some chips (the dreaded chips) and that was it. No other dinner. I knew there were way too many points in the chips to also accommodate a meal, even though I had been very sensible with my breakfast and lunch. Quite frankly, after eating a bunch of chips, I just wasn't that hungry anymore, and I justified it all with my crappy day at work.

Hopefully, the crappy work stuff is behind me, and I can get a little back to normal. I did go to zumba Saturday, pilates on Monday and I'm going to Zumba tonight and then power pilates on Saturday, so I'm feeling okay about the exercise at this moment.

We're entertaining friends up in NH for the longs weekend. In terms of eating, we'll plan on one dinner out, one dinner home (crockpot meal), one large breakfast. The rest of the breakfast and lunches should be easy for me to maintain some healthy choices.

Crockpot meal will be a pretty simple one. I haven't done the WW points yet, but all the ingredients are chicken, potatoes, Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese.

The big indulgence (of which I can have one small portion) will be the be the breakfast bake (the sausage and leek casserole my mom made at Christmas -- sausage, leek, cheese, eggs, baguette slices... it's rich). I'll reduce on the ingredients (lower fat cheese, mix egg beaters with real eggs, etc) as I can, but it's still on the rich side.

I know it will all be fine... Oh, but a good reminder -- weigh in won't be until Tuesday next week, as we won't be home until Monday evening. I hope all of you with a 3 day weekend enjoy yourselves! Don't indulge too much! :-)

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope things get better at work soon and have a great long weekend in NH!