Sunday, August 1, 2010

Staying focused as the home stretch appears, and the height of summer abounds

My husband and I realized this week that we have plans to be up at our NH place probably 9 of the next 10 weekends, including this one! While on one hand, this is a great thing, I can't help but notice that pretty much aligns way too scarily with my last 11 weeks of my countdown, and it can be easy to get distracted by weekends away up in NH. Too easy to say, "Oh... it's the weekend... I can have another beer... another container of popcorn... some ice cream... another piece of that crumb cake... " But if I do it EVERY weekend left, I will undo so much good work.

So, I decided that I was just going to have to grab it more forcefully, starting with this weekend. Yesterday, went to the gym for a class the schedule called "Metabolism-boosting pilates" which is code for "we didn't pay for the license to use the term 'BodySculpt' ". This morning, I did my C25k (I'm into week 6... remember, my efforts don't match an ACTUAL calendar), and I will do some WiiFit to continue to stretch from some of the weight work from yesterday. It is clear to me that the easiest way for me to stay committed is to make some efforts early in the day, and set the tone for the rest of the weekend from there.

I won't be able to do it every Saturday and Sunday of the next 10... there will be weekends in there where we've got other stuff going on, and it just won't be as easy. But I'm going to try. Hard.

Tomorrow is the weigh in for Week 50. Measurements and pictures. I'm hoping for at least an inch... it's hard at this point to continue to make impacts on that part of it, but I'm hoping to get a little bit of reinforcement. Pictures... we'll see how that goes!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: