Yesterday, all in all, was pretty good. I did go to the gym, and that was fine. I did 30 minutes, and am happier with my mix, though it could use some shifting. I was right about the "Glee" cast version of "Don't Stop Believin'" was a perfect add to the mix. Yay, me.
Food wise, the only challenge was that I didn't get enough points. I'm still struggling with that a bit. Here's the run down:
Breakfast: Trader Joe's Steel Cut Oatmeal (Heat and Eat)
Lunch: Turkey/Cheese/Sandwich Thin sandwich, 2 hardboiled egg whites, Stonyfield strawberry fat-free yogurt
Dinner: Healthy Choice Fire Tomato and Chicken meal
Snacks/Dessert: Emerald Cocoa Almonds 100-cal pack, 1 point of jelly bellies
Total Points: 17.5
I feel like I eat ALL DAY now at work, and by the time dinner comes around, I still have to make up 9 or 10 points! It's a lot of pressure to do that, but to do it smartly. So, in a hedge, I go smaller. I did better today (post tomorrow), but mainly because I was a lot more focused on it.
A new thing for my arsenal next week is going to having the "go to" items when I have points left over, that don't necessarily feel like I'm eating crap. I mean, I feel lik I'm getting away with a great treat if I eat a Skinny Cow fudge bar, but I don't really need to be doing that every night, do I? (No comment from the ice-cream-every-day girls!) So, next week, that might be my "tweak" opportunity.
Speaking of tweak opportunity, thanks to my friends who posted some suggestions about fiber the last couple of days. I bought some Fiber One bars and yogurt, baby carrots and the oatmeal should help, too. I'll post my progress as I experiment with those products.
Robert and I are going to Cirque du Soleil tomorrow night, but not going out to dinner before hand, so I'll have one more solid day to focus on 3 meals I can fully control before heading up to NH this weekend, where it will be a new place and new things to plan around, new challenges to face. I definitely am planning on some nice walks around the neighborhood loop!
Thanks for reading!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment