Sunday, August 30, 2009

Eating so much... and yet, not enough. Still.

Sitting here at the end of a nice weekend, with not-great-weather, but some relaxing time and fun with friends. But it's been a few days since a decent update on the blog, and I've got a lot of to catch up on for eating summaries... here goes:

Thursday:

Breakfast: cottage cheese and no-sugar-added granny smith applesauce
Lunch: Turkey/cheese/sandwich thins, 2 hard boiled egg whites, fiber one yogurt
Dinner: brown rice, reduced-fat Mexican cheese, hot dog (at cirque du soleil)
Snacks/Dessert: fiber one bar

Total Points: 22.5 (2.5 come from weekly extra 35 points and my activity points)

Friday:

Breakfast: cottage cheese and pineapple tidbits, coffee with skim milk
Lunch: fiber one yogurt, chicken tenders (3 oz), turkey/cheese/sandwich thin
Dinner: 1 cup cheese ravioli (no sauce)
Snacks/Dessert: nectarine, Quaker Oats mini delights chocolate drizzle, 2 glasses red wine

Total Points: 19

Saturday:

Breakfast: sandwich thin toasted with 1 Tbsp of peanut butter, 1 Tbsp strawberry preserves, fat-free black cherry yogurt
Lunch: turkey/cheese/sandwich thin
Dinner: baked pork chop with breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup cooked carrots, 1/2 cup brown rice
Snacks/Dessert: 2 cups popcorn from machine (has oil or whatever makes it so yummy, but no extra butter), 1 pint beer, fiber one bar, Special K crackers

Total Points: 17.5 points

So, I think there are a few observations:

1) On Thursday, I had 5 points left to eat before going to Cirque du Soleil. I had a hot dog (no bun) and was surprised it 7 points just like that!

2) If I look at what I ate Saturday, I feel like I was eating ALL DAY and yet still didn't get all the points I needed (Sunday's story will be similar). I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I keep making these "these are low points, so it's good for me" choices, but I feel like I have to eat much more in terms of volume than just eating smaller amounts of, um, super crappy food. I still haven't figured out the balance.

3) I did well on Friday night -- I didn't snack much on the trip up to NH (just a nectarine in the car) and spread my lunch out into an early serving and a later serving so that I was stretching some food a bit closer to getting on the road. And within 2 minutes of arriving in NH, there was water on the stove ready to boil to make ravioli.

Here's the bad news. Bad weather in NH made going outside and going for a walk impossible. And when our friends offered to have us join them at a fitness center they were going to try out, I realized I didn't have the kinds of clothes I'd need for a trip to the gym, so we passed. So, a weekend went by without any real exercise. I felt lazy today, and I am certain that, tomorrow, weigh-in day, if I even have lost one pound, it will be a surprise. I'm already bummed about about the results I won't even have until tomorrow.

I do have 2 planned gym days for this week, at least -- Monday and Wednesday. And I'll definitely make sure that Labor Day weekend, I'm a bit more prepared for good or bad weather exercising. No excuses next weekend!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: