Monday, November 9, 2009

20% of this journey in my rear view mirror.

Week 12. Almost three months on this journey. 20% into it, and about 40% to goal. That ratio is in my favor, but I still have a long way to go.

First, to the weigh in. If you read this weekend's post, you'll know that I woke up braced for a gain.

This week's weight: -0.2lbs.

Well, of course, I'm happy with no gain, and even a little bit of negative movement on the scale. I'm not sure I have a great explanation for it, except I ate pretty well (not perfectly, but pretty well), and going to the gym twice is better than going to the gym never, but still, not a fantastic effort. I find myself wondering "If I had gone to Zumba once last week, would that number be a half pound?"

But I know getting into that kind of Monday morning rewrites of last week's plan does nothing for me. All I can focus on is this week, which I know will have some challenges of last week, and it also includes two lunch plans with colleagues, which always presents a hurdle (the lunch at a restaurant, not the colleagues part).

So, it's a Monday. Waking with a weigh in officially closes out last week, but I'm already concerned about the week ahead. There's little in terms of downtime between the two, but I guess the same goes for every challenge in life. I'll make it through this week, and then week 3 of this unusual period at work follows right behind it. Then I can back to a normal work schedule.

I don't want to make it seem like my work is a cake-walk the other 49 weeks a year; that's not my point. My point is that my time is a little bit more schedulable, I can count on having evenings where I can go to the gym and energy where I can do things, I can usually ensure that I'll get to have lunch at a normal time, and not some vending machine attack at 3:45, etc. It's not the work that's crazy; it's the impact on my ability to manage my schedule a bit more solidly. The work is good stuff, almost entirely great stuff, even. The impact on my diet and exercise is that bad part.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

dustinjeremy2k said...

This will be a tough week for sure - let me know what I can do to support you!