Monday, March 22, 2010

Into the dark and scary closet.

I was able to make it "official" this week:

This week's weigh in: -1.0 lb.
Total weigh in: -20.1 lbs.

Sheeuw! Made it!

As part of claiming my success, I took on my closet. I don't have a large closet, but it does have 2 rods, and so I keep lots of things out of sight on the back rod, and it's a bit of an abyss in there. Lots of things deposited back there for "not now, but maybe some day" status, and never seen again.

I took eeeeeeverything out of my closet, dumped it on the bed, and tried it all on. Even stuff I was sure would work.

Some things (especially some dresses I'd held on to, with hope, for years), look fantastic now.

However, many things... 3 shopping bags full... are going to be donated. A dozen pants. A dozen skirts. Many blouses. Even a few suits. (WILL DONATE, UNLESS ANYONE KNOWS ANYONE IN THE BOSTON AREA WHO WEARS A 14P or 12P?)

NOT A SINGLE THING in my closet was too small for me. I can't tell you how many years it has been since I've been able to say that.

It's great to be able to revisit my wardrobe and reclaim some things, and get the distracting things out of my way. I don't have to worry now, when I go to put something on, if it will fit or not. And I don't have to get upset that I've got these things that obviously don't work for me (in one direction or the other) still cluttering up my closet, and my life.

It was a nice "beginning of spring" activity, and a nice celebratory one, too.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: