- Weight Watchers. Anytime people ask what I'm doing for a diet and I tell them I'm on WW, they say "I have heard such good things about it... everyone I know who did it had success."
- Power Pilates Class in NH: This is on the list not only because it's a good class, but it because it got me committed to working out, even on the weekends where we were at our "vacation" spot, where working out might not be top of the list...
- Pilates Reformer Class with Maria: I list this one for 3 reasons. The first is because the workout itself is fantastic, and I can see great results from it. The second is because Maria is awesome -- she challenges us and she is great at commenting on our progress. The third is because I like the women in my class -- it's like I have a mini-peer group, and we are all increasing in our skills together
- This blog. Knowing people are looking for updates from me has not only kept me focused and kept me honest, but it's given me a fun and creative way to express all that I'm working through on this journey.
- Zumba Mix Class with Amy J: Anyone who ever had an interest in taking Zumba should be so lucky to take her class. The workout is great, with a really good cardio session, but her creativity (she introduces a whole new dance every week!) and her energy and enthusiasm is absolutely contagious. She's really supportive, and I think this class has done a ton for my self-esteem at being able to be in group classes, too.
- Van Heusen outlet in NH near our place: A funny answer, I know, but the fact that I've been shrinking in pants sizes means that I'm going through my wardrobe pretty quickly. Being able to find appropriate dress pants that fit me, that aren't too expensive, and that I can buy conveniently has helped me look good at every step of this so far. No matter what size you are, having clothes that fit help you look your best.
- My gym isn't full of meatheads: It's a nice gym, and the people are respectful to each other, and you don't feel like you're walking around in a total pick up joint. It helps make the experience one I don't dread...
- FiberOne products. Yes, they're engineered food. But they've really helped me find easy to eat and good for me (in most ways) products that fill important gaps in my diet. And they're yummy and guilt-free.
- The support from my friends, both in real life and in virtual worlds: I can not tell you how much having positive reinforcement and feedback from people helps. The support I've gotten from people who make comments on this or on boards, especially when I've posted something about a struggle, have gotten me through lots of tough days and weeks. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
- My husband, who continues to tell me how great I look, deals with my eating habits, and even goes to some classes with me once in a while, even if he doesn't feel so comfortable. He's done a tremendous job of being supportive in all the right ways.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment