I met an old friend today for lunch. We met at a convenient place, and the options were Cosi and Qdoba. (Apparently Upper Crust pizza was also an option, but I didn't see it until after Qdoba.)
Pressure to order quickly, I tried to decide what to get. I decided I'd do something with meat, and that would be my protein for the day. I decided that a grilled quesadilla sounded like I could do it in a simple way. I could get cheese but half of what they'd normally use. I wouldn't get anything extra, other than salsa. And I wouldn't eat the whole thing. And I did all that.
Then I came back and looked up the nutritional info on what I ate. Are you kidding me?????
Now, I didn't eat the whole thing, so I can cut some of the details out of it, but suffice it to say I probably ate more saturated fat in one day than I normally do in a few weeks combined. In terms of points, I didn't go over for my day, but I also didn't have much of a dinner... Really, the fat was out of control, though. I can't imagine what other people eat in a lunch at Qdoba on a given day.
I'm glad I didn't indulge and eat the whole thing, and it's a great reminder that, when I leave myself open to meals without planning and forethought, I can get in trouble.
Good thing I went to Zumba tonight! I'll recover from this, and it won't get in my way, but it's a reminder that it's easy to lose sight of the hard work if you're not careful.
Thanks for reading!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
also, remember you have flex points for those sorts of things! :)
Post a Comment